Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter R.N.H.A.S

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw_Shooter

Hello again my friends  ;)
here's my first airplane kit in scale 1/48. It's a Sopwith Strutter Type 9400S from Roden in scale 1/48.  2 years ago I saw a National Geographic film about the Balkan Wars; During the film I saw many times a greek aircraft overflies the battle fields; After a little research I learned that it was a Stutter of Royal Hellenic Navy....So I decided to make one
The only known Strutter in 1/48 is Roden's kit

After I have assembled it and a spray by Hycote's primer, I made an preshadding using Tamiya's Khaki drab and next I sprayed 2 times very thin mixture of Khaki drab + Ivory + Flesh (Tamiya). All the down side airplane was sprayed by Light Sky Grey.
Some parts were wooden so first I painted them by Humbrol's Natural Wood and when it was dry I made the dark wood lines by water ink Nut Brown using a No 0000 brush. When those "wood" colors dried I sprayed them by Gloss varnish.
Finally I put the Royal Navy's roundels and sprayed all the kit by Future to fix everything for ever. Now I must make all the rigging..I hope during Christmas holidays  ;) ;)

Panagiotis

Goran A.

You could make serbian Strutter ;D.

milten

hehheheeeh I am tracking down your posts here in time order.
I didn't know that Greeks had this plane. In fact I am a little bit uneducated in this area.

... at list I saw a good painted WWI model. Realy excellent. Only thing that is missing here is picture from lower perspective.

Quote from: AG02 on 07-12-2008, 23:20:14
You could make serbian Strutter ;D.

We should make a Serbian one. If we do not respect our heritage no one will.
I am not sure that we had this one in service. We had Sopwith Sop and a many variants of Newport... + Spad VII and XIII ...
MK "Narednik Mihajlo Petrovic" Nish
http://nmpnis.wordpress.com/

Profa

Very nice :D, the only problems I see are too light-coloured upper surfaces (should be PC-10) and its weathering - seems a little bit too much and too dark for my taste, especially on upper wings... Well, that's my taste... ::)
Other thing is that all british aircraft had lower surfaces in clear doped linen, which will bring us to slightly yellowish appereance (original or lightened Hu 74 or, somewhat different, Hu 148), and definitely not sky grey... Well, nevertheless, it's nicely done and can't wait to see the crown - rigging ;)
Bogu fala što sam Lala! :)

Raw_Shooter

Thank you my friends  ;)
"Profa" u are right  ;) ;)  I made a mistake about the lower surfaces...I made a preshadding by Light Sky Grey and then I sprayed a mixture of Ivory + White + Pale Ochre Yellow (just 1-2 drops)  :) :)  In next few minutes I'll post again the lower surface  ;) ;)

legenda

there were min 2 Strutters on SAlonika front in serbian forces...mentioned and drawn in "Srpska aviacija"

oddball

You did an excellent work on this biplane. I'm not a big fan of WWI but this one is a good piece of good work. Also, you have proven that someone can make a model out of Roden.
Once more - excellent work!
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And i'm all out of gum!"
- Duke Nukem

Ich been klugscheisser!

Raw_Shooter

Really I would like to make a Serbian plane or tank...I see just few days ago some serbian decals here in our forum  ;) ;) 
"Oddball" my friend it's true that Roden's kit have some problems about fitting but after a little pause a cigarette and little of patient everything is ok  :) ;)

Nidza79

Seems like more than decent work regardless color issue.

djnik